Tuesday 20 January 2015

.... 5 Reasons why I Hate being an Engineer...!!!

So, yes, I committed the sin! I studied Engineering. I even got a Degree.
…and now I am cursed for life. I’ll give 5 reasons why……

1.      Arrey, you can’t repair the remote? But you are an Engineer!!

I think every Engineer (IT or otherwise) faces this situation at least 547 times in his/her life. All our elders expect us to know how to repair the switch boards, light tubes, bulbs, know what is wrong with the TVs, ACs and their remotes too! I mean really, we didn’t study all this in college. Not as part of my IT syllabus at least. I am a software engineer, not an electrician! 


2.       Beta, my phone is not working; make it work. But how? Arrey, you are a “Software” Engineer na?

I want to kill everyone by now. Yes, I am a software engineer. So I can write codes, and even understand them. But I CANNOT solve every problem there is about your phone. Even if it is a computer-like device!!!  (WHAT?!? Anyway…….. *roll my eyes*)


3.       You are an Engineer? My God, you so don’t look like one!

Yes you fool, if I’d wear torn clothes, not shower, wear soda glasses and hold a really fat book in front of my face, would you believe I am an Engineer? Go ahead, snatch my right to wear proper clothes, shower twice a day, and/or wear lenses. After all, my sole objective in life is for you to believe that I am an Engineer na?!


4.       You don’t know 894 times 369? But aren’t you an Engineer?

My fellow human beings, I studied complicated mathematics. I did so only so I could score a 40 in that monstrous subject. Each one of us isn’t a walking talking calculator. Some of us are good at math, and some of us barely know the table for 12. Most of us have a life, and it’s time you use that darned phone or calculator to do some math of your own. Oh, and also get yourself a life :P


5.       Hey, can you help me fill my online passport/ration/admission form?

Yes, as your friend, relative, family, whatever, I might just be nice enough to help you (first locate the websites, and then) fill the forms. But no, as an Engineer, my qualification doesn’t force me to guide you on any and every computer related subject. Did I ask you to get a life again?!


"3 idiots" summed up our “engineering” days perfectly. We did have a horrible life, disgusting assignments, unbelievable deadlines, and very (un)welcoming professors. We have all been nocturnal, tortured to our limits, got in blacklists, and had our parents called to college at least once. We have been threatened, turned a deaf ear to the yellings, and still managed to stay sane through it all. So, whether anyone appreciates it or not, we have had it tough, and we are smarter than you think. Even if that remote repairing isn’t exactly our forte!


Still recuperating,
Lavita

No comments:

Post a Comment