Thursday 3 January 2013

…. I am where I live!!

If that quote was anywhere close to being true, I would be a “cow”… (those who know where I live will know what I’m talking about :P)… My twist to this line is “I am who aspires to live at/in ____”… What would you fill the blank with?
Talking about places one lives in, I have a rather talented friend who builds the loveliest of spaces. Ever since I thought that this month’s theme should be all about my rather precious (and oh-so-annoying) FRIENDS – who they are, what they create, their talents (or the lack of them), or anything else that comes to their mind – I was absolutely sure that Rishita (Boney for the rest of us) would feature in my personal “Hall of Fame”.
Rishita has been my most irritating neighbor, crack-head student, craziest best friend, and my favourite object to torture from times when Tulsi and Mihir scorched screens (do they have embarrassed smiley’s here???). Here’s a snap shot of this polishwali bai turned polished businesswoman!
RISHITA:
Rishita is an Interior Designing Graduate from Rachana Sansad School of Design, Mumbai. She worked with a couple of Architects/ Interior Designers (vaguely remember SM, was it?), and then realized how creativity couldn’t breathe when one told you what had to be done and how. She took a huge risk, got together with another uber talented girl, Rushda, and started Design Office. Both of them came together due to their mutual love for design and undeterred enthusiasm for life! Rishita & Rushda have practised Interior Design for the past 4 years , both individually and otherwise , worked on a wide range of residential , commercial and hospitality projects.
Here’s a sneak peek into the charming worlds they create!!



Bhargava Residence








Kapur House






Basantani Residence





Lonavala House:








Aren't these gorgeous????
Love your work. Keep it up girls!! J

To see many more such fabulous houses/stores/hotels designed by these talented ladies, do visit:
It is an access controlled site, so you will have to check with me on their password. In case you wish you go through their portfolio &/or wish to know their contact details, do drop in a comment, or inbox me, and I shall revert immediately.

P.S. How can this not be a beautiful New Year?! J
Best wishes for 2013!!

No comments:

Post a Comment