Saturday 20 April 2013

…. Candid


In days of pen & paper, and when the blogging and/or Microsoft Word bug hadn’t bitten me yet, armed with a green Add Gel, I had written this one…..
Thankfully, I have an incessant habit of writing the date, time and a slight encrypted/abbreviated reference or starting point for things I scribble. Thus, what you read below is written by me on an idle Monday morning at 10am on the 25th of February, 2008. This was the morning after my conversation with a friend who spoke about the fear of losing her real self while trying to put up appropriate façades.

And one more thing before you read on….. Pardon my amateur style… it was years ago!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Masks I Wear………..

I have a lot of faces, 
Don’t remember which one is true..
I bring them out one by one,
So life can get me through.


There’s bravery, and cowardice, and malice, and strength,
All of them tucked in a box..
I reveal them by turn and occasion,
But within me they’ve now begun to tox.


I’ve forgotten what I would be,
Had the faces not been around..
Got no idea in my head of who I am,
Inside there’s no light or sound.


The masks are beginning to wear me off,
I’m scared I’ll lose control..
Have lost myself somewhere,
I don’t know what shall stay galore.


I now try hard to drop the shield,
But not before I’ve paid a price..
I’ve lost all that I cared for, and was mine…..
Now all that’s left… are my Masks and my Lies!!



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------



P.S. I’m very shy of sharing my very personal thoughts; hence, the blog-post title.

No comments:

Post a Comment