Wednesday 5 December 2012

… Am a Hot Choco-holic (wink wink) !!

What’s not to love in hot chocolates? (drooool)
I was introduced to outré-yummy hot chocolate pretty late in life. Can’t blame me - tragically, every hot chocolate I tasted before my trip to Dubai was so dull, drab, and so blah, that I almost gave up hopes on its very entity. For me, back then, hot chocolate was just like having bournvita and milk. Exactly, IMAGINE?!
 …. And then Jean Galler happened.
Jean, and the introducer of Jean, changed my life into a rather gorgeous pot of hot, melting, dark chocolate! Ummmmmm….
The heart-warming drink felt so pure and gorgeous – I still remember the gush of deliciousness in my mouth when I sipped that perfect dark chocolate; its blend so delicately formed to create the most amazing hot chocolate!
I believe the ambience at Galler, Dubai, helped make that experience all the more lovely.
All I can say is Jean’s 30 years were absolutely worth it.
(Note to M: You know I’ll always thank you (among many others) for this one most specially J)

 Suzette ~
My first thought about this quaint little French Crêperie - Café was, “Oh no, I hate crepes!”
Little did I know that Suzette will entice me so and, la jeune fille va tomber en amour (in the little French I know – the girl would fall in love)
This one’s made the absolute traditional way by continuously stirring the mix of beautiful dark chocolate and milk; Suzette’s lip-smacking cup of delight is a sure shot winner.
Psst: The adorably cute owner, and his rather charming French accent only adds to pleasure :P

 Debailleul ~
It’s as enchanting as enchanting gets. Tucked in one corner, and tastefully decorated with happy lights, this very cozy, very exquisite place transports you to a different world altogether.
I usually opt for the small hot chocolate because I think it’s just enough to leave you blissfully happy, and yet keep you craving for your next visit here.
Debailleul’s hot chocolate treat is my TOP favourite, and always such a joyous experience.
** (it’s easy to pronounce Debailleul – just omit the double L J)

 San Churros ~
The Spanish Classic Hot Chocolate is as classic and as simple as it can get. In my head, I think they simply take a huggge bar of some very good chocolate, melt it, and pour it into a rather sweet looking cup, and slowly let you drown in this miracle pot. Divine thought, isn’t it? J
It’s a very very thick drink, I must warn you. The fun part is the battle between the irresistible and recurring rush to taste it and burn your tongue over and over again!
Although this is a favourite (4th in the order), to be rather honest here, I haven’t gone to San Churros in a while now, ‘cause I think Debailleul makes it’s better version, in a drinkable size.


Any other places in Mumbai that are must try’s for this dream they call Hot Chocolate?
P.S. I feel rather delighted that all my first experiences with all my favourite hot chocolates were with M... a very big Thank You!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment